Skip to the content

Driver Services Forms

The majority of driver’s license services forms are created and maintained by the Iowa Department of Transportation (DOT).  To ensure you have the most up to date information, the DOT forms linked below are downloaded directly from the Iowa Department of Transportation website.

Iowa DOT forms are in a fillable PDF format that do not open in most internet browsers so to make it easier for users to access these forms, the Iowa DOT includes the forms in a zip file that will download to the downloads folder or other drive on your machine. 

Trouble Shooting – Adobe Reader is required to access PDF documents.  If you do not have Adobe Reader on your machine, it is a free program, available for download from Adobe Reader.

If you have Adobe Reader installed and your PDF still won't open:

  1. Right-click on the PDF file and select "Open With"
  2. Select "Adobe Reader" from the list of programs
  3. If Adobe Reader is not listed, check to make sure it is installed.

Common Driver's License Services Forms:

Iowa Department of Transportation Forms
Description: Database of Iowa Department of Transportation forms that can be browsed or searched based on document title or form number.

Parent’s/Guardian’s Written Consent (Iowa DOT Form 430018)
Description: This form is used to document parent/guardian consent when applying for driving privileges or when applying for a non-operator’s identification card.

Affidavit for Minor School License (Iowa DOT Form 430021)
Description: This form is used when applying for a school license.

Temporary Restricted License Application (Iowa DOT Form 430100)
Description: This form is used to apply for a Temporary Restricted License (Work Permit) when the person’s license has been suspended or revoked and once approved, allows the person to drive at specified times and for specified purposes which can both be verified by the Iowa DOT.

Request for Temporary Restricted License - OWI Revocation (Iowa DOT Form 430400)
Description: This form is used to request a temporary license due to the original license being suspended due to an OWI.